Equal Opportunities Officers of the Faculty of Society and Economics
Who are we?
There are Equal Opportunities Officers at every Faculty who make sure that the activities of the Faculty follow the principles and guidelines for equal opportunities of Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences. The Council of the Faculty of Society and Economics has elected both Rosa Nieke and Katja Flockau to act as their Faculty Representatives of the Central Equal Opportunities team.
What are our responsibilities?
As Equal Opportunities Officers we, Marieke Fröhlich and Katja Flockau, support the work of the Central Equal Opportunities Officer and her team on the Faculty level. We promote equal opportunities for women and men and work towards eliminating existing disadvantages for female researchers and students in accordance with
- the Act Governing the Universities of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia (University Act/Hochschulgesetz NRW section 24)
- the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz NRW section 17).
Measures to achieve these objectives are taken on staff-related, organisational as well as social levels.
Accordingly our responsibilities with regard to the Faculty include:
- Participate in the development, updating and implementation of the measures formulated in the Faculty’s own Equal Opportunities Plan
- Participate in university-wide projects and programmes as well as work on faculty-related concepts (e.g. staying a certified ‘family-friendly university’)
- Accompany recruitment processes of employees, advise Faculty committees
- Develop and implement projects and events with respect to the topics of equal opportunities and diversity that aim at tackling gender-specific barriers hampering women’s access to certain fields of study (e.g. Girls’ Day and Boys’ Day)
- Advise on questions concerning equal opportunities
- Support students with family obligations
- Book the Parent-Child-Room
- Maintain the network of internal and external stakeholders concerned with equal opportunities
Who can use our services?
We provide services for students, employees and professors of the Faculty of Society and Economics.
What are reasons to come see us?
- You need information and counselling on matters such as gender balance, equal opportunities, a healthy work-study-family balance, in cases involving disadvantage, discrimination etc.
- You are a student, employee or professor and would like to bring your child to work at the University and take care of it in the Parent-Child Room.
- You seek information on maternity protection, parental leave and childcare facilities.
- You are in need of advice and help because you feel you have been disadvantaged or discriminated against.
- You would like to make suggestions for the improvement of equal opportunities or family friendliness at our Faculty.
Confidentiality and Data Protection
All your inquiries will, of course, be treated confidentially and under strict adherence to the data protection rules and regulations. We will only take action if the person seeking advice explicitly agrees.
Baby Changing Facilities
Baby changing facilities are available on Kleve Campus in the following rooms (building/floor/room):
01 EG 021 (Audimax)
03 EG 007 (Ladies' room)
16 EG 011 (Canteen)
18 EG 012 ("Wissensspeicher").