Welcome to HSRW
As a refugee you have had to overcome many obstacles and challenges to finally arrive in Germany. Our warm Welcome to you! We are glad and awed that you are interested in studying at our University despite the circumstances you have had to withstand.
With a student body representing over 120 different countries and employees hailing from over 30, Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences can offer you an international environment for working and studying. Some 7,000 students, half of whom are international, are currently pursuing a degree at our two campus locations in Kleve and Kamp-Lintfort, Germany. We offer 35 undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes across four faculties: Technology and Bionics, Life Sciences, Society and Economics, and Communication and Environment. 75% of our degree programmes are taught entirely in English. International collaboration is a strength of ours, reflected in our partnerships with over 90 universities in 38 countries.
Of our 550 current employees, around 27% came to us from abroad, from countries such as Egypt, Italy, Cameroon, Mexico, the UK, Iran and Vietnam, to name only a few.
Our Services for Refugees at HSRW
- Internationally trained staff and lecturers
- A diverse international student body
- 26 degree programmes taught entirely in English
- Individual advising on how to become a student at HSRW
- Peer counselling by international student tutors experienced in tackling life in Germany: Welcome Centre
- Refugee Buddy programme for students: empowerment for students with refugee background
- Exchange Semester for Ukrainian students from winter semester 2022/23
Bridging the gap until your studies start – Preparatory offers
- Guest auditorship free of charge
- German Language courses free of charge
- Financial support for enrolled HSRW students from Ukraine (by AStA)
- A well-established Library
Opening of guest auditorships
Each semester Rhine-Waal University offers a selected number of courses open for participation via guest auditorship at all Faculties. This summer semester of 2022 these courses started on 21 March 2022. Refugees from Ukraine are especially welcome! More information
Contact requests can be made to the university via email@example.com