Raise your glasses – you did it! Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences wants to celebrate its alumni by organising the annual graduation ceremonies.
This page contains all relevant information and answers to frequently asked questions.
The next graduation ceremony is scheduled for the following date and venue:
15th November 2019 in Kleve (Faculties Technology and Bionics, Life Sciences and Society and Economics) in the town hall.
General information for graduates
- You receive the official invitation by email three months before the graduation
- We send out invitations until two weeks before the graduation
- We open the online portal for the binding registration when sending out the invitations
- We contact all alumni who graduated since the last graduation ceremony
- You have the option to either rent or buy cap and gown (you will receive all further information when you register for the graduation ceremony)
- Please invite three guests max. in Kleve and two guests max. in Kamp-Lintfort due to the limited seat capacity at the venues. You do not have to register your guests
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the purpose of the “Save the Date” document?
Usually, you receive the Save the Date document for the graduation ceremony when you have your colloquium. Its primary purpose is that you are informed about the date for the graduation ceremony and that you have the option to write down your personal email address. Otherwise, we can only send the invitation to the HSRW email. Please note: you are not automatically registered for the graduation ceremony when you filled out the Save the Date document. You will later receive the official invitation with the link to the online portal for the binding registration.
My colloquium is shortly after the graduation ceremony – can I participate anyways?
Sorry, but that is not possible. We check all registrations and if you have not graduated yet, you will unfortunately have to wait until the next graduation ceremony.
My family needs visa to participate in the graduation ceremony. Can you help me?
Of course, we are happy to help. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the necessary invitation letters addressed to your relatives.
Do I have to wear a gown? And is there a general dress code?
Renting or buying a gown is voluntary. You can decide how you want to dress that day. Nevertheless, it is a festive event so you might want to suit up!
I am already working. Why is it not possible to have the graduation ceremonies in the evening or during weekends?
Unfortunately, it is impossible to find a date and time which is convenient for everyone. We try to communicate the dates for the graduation ceremonies as soon as possible so that you have the chance to take a day off.