Information for Applicants
Scholarship applications for the 2020-2021 academic year will be accepted between 1 May and 31 May 2020.
Applications will not be accepted outside of these dates.
You can submit a new scholarship application if you meet the following requirements:
- You have been accepted to study at Rhine-Waal University, but have yet to enrol, or you have recently enrolled for your first semester at Rhine-Waal University and, in either case, you achieved an excellent overall mark for your secondary school studies.
- You will be a regularly enrolled student at Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences for summer semester 2020 and winter semester 2020-2021, you have not exceeded the standard period of study, and you have achieved excellent marks in your degree programmes.
New applications must contain the following documents:
- Completed and signed application form (with your consent given to the use of personal data)
- Letter of motivation
- Your university entrance qualification, for example a German Abitur certificate or other document which makes you eligible to study in Germany (only applies to undergraduates in their first semester)
- Bachelor’s degree certificate indicating a final cumulative mark for your undergraduate studies (only applies to postgraduates in their first semester)
- HIS transcripts showing your current academic performance at Rhine-Waal University (only applies to students in their second semester or higher)
- Where available: internship certificates, letters of recommendation, and documentation for other relevant skills, volunteering work and/or special personal, social or family-related circumstances
- For all enrolled students: current copy of your proof of enrolment at Rhine-Waal University
If you are currently receiving a Deutschlandstipendium, have not exceeded the standard period of study, and have achieved excellent marks during the ongoing academic year, you can apply for a scholarship extension. Extension applications must contain the following documents:
- Completed and signed extension application form (with your consent given to the use of personal data)
- Current copy of your proof of enrolment at Rhine-Waal University
- Report detailing your degree progress and any curricular or extracurricular activities of note
- Current HIS transcripts (as proof of your academic performance for the ongoing scholarship year. Note: you must have maintained or improved your marks since your original application or the previous scholarship year. This is not considered to be the case if your overall average (in HIS) has worsened by at least 0.5 grade points. If this is the case, you must submit a written explanation in order for your application to be considered.)
- Where available: internship certificates, letters of recommendation, and documentation for relevant skills, volunteering work and/or special personal, social or family-related circumstances
You can apply for a Deutschlandstipendium 2020-21 by applying through the DSTIP-PLATFORM. The platform will officially unlock on 1 May 2020 at 8 a.m. So from 1 May at 8 o'clock you can use the following link to the platform to apply:
Please direct all enquiries about the Deutschlandstipendium and/or the application process to: email@example.com
Additional legal information
Scholarships are awarded in accordance with German law (Gesetz zum Deutschlandstipendium). Please familiarise yourself with applicable laws and regulations before applying.
The Deutschlandstipendium does not count towards BAföG (federal student aid in Germany). If you are currently receiving a merit-based scholarship from a different institution, your application cannot be considered unless you meet the legal requirements for double-funding.
There is no legal entitlement to receiving a Deutschlandstipendium.
All information about eligibility, duration and selection criteria are given in the Awarding Guidelines of the Executive Board of Rhine-Waal University for the Deutschlandstipendium. At present, the guidelines are published in German language. An english version will follow soon.