In order to be admitted to the degree programme “Design and Interaction”, candidates need to pass an aptitude test regarding their artistic/creative capability as well as presenting corresponding university entrance qualifications. The test will assessed based on three categories: perceptive skills, conceptual skills, and design skills. Please find more information in the Aptitude Test Regulation.
Please note that apart from registering for and passing the aptitude test, an online application using our application portal is mandatory.
1. Dates and Deadlines for summer semester 2021
Deadline online application: January 15, 2021
Deadline submission aptitude test: February 5, 2021
Degree programme related questions:
Questions related to the aptitude test:
For all other questions, please contact our Student Service Centre:
Prospective students can find a contact form and FAQs here.
Rhine-Waal students can find a contact form and FAQs here.
Exchange students please contact our International Office.
How to apply? What qualifications do you need? Which degree programme will suit you best? Check here.
3. Applications must include the following documents
- Application form including CV (You need to complete the application form which you can find in the download section and submit it with your portfolio. Please note that your application cannot be processed without the form.)
- Project idea for the degree programme (exposé, no more than two pages)
- Two to three examples of past projects (explanations and images, no more than 15 pages)
Please note that documents must be in English
4. Application counselling
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the application process. Please send an email to MDI-FKU-Aptitude@hochschule-rhein-waal.de
5. How to submit your application
Please send an email to MDI-FKU-Aptitude@hochschule-rhein-waal.de and attach a PDF file or a link to your PDF file with your documents (application form, CV, project idea and project examples in one file of max. 10 MB).
6. Information on Results
You will receive the results of your application by email shortly after your portfolio has been assessed. Experience has shown that mails are sometimes send to spam by mistake, so we would advise you to check your spam folder regularly.