At Kleve and Kamp-Lintfort you have the opportunity to combine the academic theory with a practical apprenticeship.
Dual study is a combined form of study which is primarily for German students, not international students. While dual study is technically open to non-German international students, the inherent German-language requirements and other contract-related concerns restrict it de facto to native Germans and/or people with extensive time and experience in Germany.
Both the subject of study and the work position must be closely related to each other. Furthermore, the student must find a private company willing to co-operate in a dual study arrangement and work out the contract specifics with the company themselves. Dual study programmes do not have restricted admissions.
In dual study, a student splits time between a private company and the university. There are different study models in the different study programs, to meet the individual needs of each program. Please have a look at the websites of the faculties for further information (links can be found in the upper right corner).
The study courses below offer the option of dual study. Please note that the programmes have different time schedules. For further information please look at the individual websites or contact the Student Advisory Service.
- Bio Science and Health, B.Sc.
- No dual degree programmes are currently offered.
- International Business and Management, B.A.
- Medieninformatik, B.Sc.
- Verwaltungsinformatik - E-Government, B.Sc.
Standard Schedule of Dual Study for most programmes
- 1st semester - at the company (3 days/week), at university (2 days/week)
- 2nd semester - at the company (3 days/week), at university (2 days/week)
- 3rd semester - at the company (3 days/week), at university (2 days/week)
- 4th semester - at the company (3 days/week), at university (2 days/week)
- Final examination for the practical period of studies at the Niederrhein Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- 5th and 6th semester - full-time studies at the university
- 7th semester - full-time studies at the university
- 8th semester - semester internship
- 9th semester - bachelor’s thesis, often in collaboration with a private company; thesis colloquium