Prospective students with refugee status

If you’ve earned a secondary school diploma in your home country, or have begun or even completed a university degree, then we encourage you to apply to Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences.

As with all international applicants, you should apply via ‘uni-assist’, who check your qualifications against the minimum admission requirements. Please note that the uni-assist application portal is only available during our application periods (bachelor’s degree programmes and master’s degree programmes).

Recognition of your academic qualifications

Whether you meet the minimum admission requirements depends on your academic qualifications and the recommendations of the German Central Office for Foreign Education, which can be found in the Anabin database (only available in German).

The application process can be very confusing, so if you have questions about our bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes, admissions or recognition of non-German academic qualifications, please contact the Study Advisory Service.

For general information about studying in Germany as a refugee, please see Study in Germany.