Important information on the start of the winter term 2020/21
the semester has started this week. Please read carefully through the following information.
1. If you don' have access to your university email-account and therefore also not to moodle and the like please check at our virtual service point whether you are already fully enrolled. Sometimes some documents are still missing or you've submitted the wrong address. The virtual student service point of the student advisory service is available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 12 to 3 here.
2. Please find all timetables announced here.
3. On Moodle you not only find information and documents about your online classes in the course section but also an overview about the most relevant information here.
4. Some Moodle courses are protected by passwords. How to find them? Have a look here. Please click on "Enrollment to courses" and follow the instructions.
5. If you haven't got access to Moodle yet, network with your fellow students. For most of the study programmes, the freshers' have Whatsapp-Groups. Please contact our student board (Fachschaft) for more information on Facebook or on Instagram. They also have a moodle group.
6. Currently, teachers and university staff are receiving a great many individual enquiries, not all of which can be answered promptly. Therefore, please clarify as many questions as possible among yourselves. If you have any difficulties with your access or unanswered questions about your courses, it is best network with your fellow students and contact the lecturer together. Once you receive feedback, share the information with your fellow students.
7. Prepare yourself for your courses. You will find all information on the content of your modules in the module catalogue of your degree programme. This is available in the download section on the website of your degree programme. Click here for an overview of the programme websites.
8. Familiarise yourself with the technical requirements. Please find an overview of the IT services here. To participate in Webex meetings, trainings and events you do not need an account.
9. Be prepared for the classes. You find some good ideas and tips on how to make the most of the online semester here.
We wish you all the best for your start into this special semester!