5th Research Day at Rhine-Waal University
with additional events dedicated to Women in Science
On 6 November 2019 from 1:00 to 8:30 p.m., the research day will get a second chance and will be rescheduled. The event originally planned for 5 June 2019, unfortunately had to be canceled at very short notice due to a bomb disposal of a bomb from World War II.
Research Day is an annual event directed towards both students and staff. Organised this time in collaboration of the Faculty of Society and Economics, the Central Equal Opportunities Team and the Centre for Research, Innovation and Transfer.
In addition to talks on ongoing research at Rhine-Waal University, this year’s Research Day will include an extra block of events dedicated to the topic of Women in Science. External keynote speakers and researchers at Rhine-Waal University will provide audiences with insight into current research topics.
The highlights of Research Day include:
- Workshops* geared towards female staff and students on topics such as managing one’s own strengths and talents, career development and planning, and salary negotiations.
- A seminar* for all researchers: Top Tips for a Successful Grant Application will teach researchers how to improve their application skills and secure more grant funding.
- The professional career coaching for women is an opportunity to clarify career-related questions in a short, one-on-one conversation.
- The poster presentations are a chance for doctoral students (among others) to present their current projects for discussion.
- The networking evening will take place at the same time as the poster presentations. Meet, mingle and network with colleagues over delicious finger foods.
*Please note that some workshops and seminars take place in German.
You find the lecture program and further details on the workshops, the seminar and the coaching right side in the download region.
We are already looking forward to greeting you at Research Day!