Bachelor and Master theses
Professor Darr supervises Bachelor and Master theses on the following or related topics:
- Strategy and management of agribusiness enterprises, e.g. opportunities from “care farming” and other business diversification
- Topics related to the Common Agricultural Policy and international agricultural trade
- Comparative assessments of agricultural policies in the EU and other countries or global regions
- Topics related to rural advisory services and business consulting, such as effectiveness of approaches, new methods and organizational set-ups etc.
- Profitability and operational performance of particular working methods and technologies in agribusiness, e.g. of hydroponics or gutter systems in horticultural production
- Aspects of human resource management and change management in agribusiness enterprises
- Topics in the field of rural sociology, e.g. quality of life in rural communities of the lower Rhine valley
- Socio-economics of the utilization of Baobab (Adansonia digitata L.) and other underutilized plant resources in Eastern Africa
- Socio-economics of the utilization of Walnut (Juglans regia L.) and other underutilized plant resources in Central Asia, particularly in Kyrgyzstan
For research and internship projects, which are conducted under the program "Ostpartnerschaften 2019-2021" in collaboration with the partner universities in Russia, Kyrgyzstan and the Ukraine, a limited number of travel stipends can be made available. For further information, please contact the project leader of the "Ostpartnerschaften" program, Prof. Darr.
Prior to making an appointment to request supervision of your thesis, kindly prepare a brief research proposal (3-4 pages). Further information on the recommended process is available here.