Tuition and Fees
Students are obliged to pay an enrolment fee for each new semester they register at the university. Semester fees are governed by the respective Regulations on Contributions of both the Student Body and the Studierendenwerk Düsseldorf.
For winter semester 2023/24, the semester fee is broken down as follows:
- Mandatory social services contribution: €88.00
- Contribution to your faculty’s Student Representative Body: €10.30
- NRW semester ticket: €59.40
- VGN semester ticket: €160.62
- Support of University Sports: €1.50
- Support of University Music: €1.50
The majority of cost goes towards the Semester Ticket, which is a public transportation pass valid for most bus and train lines running in North Rhine-Westphalia. The Semester Ticket provides a range of mobility options to students at an otherwise unbeatable price.
Tuition fees were abolished at all institutions of higher education in North Rhine-Westphalia in 2011. As a result, Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences does not charge any tuition. This applies to both German students and students from abroad.