Companies Meet Students
Speed Dating: Companies Meet Students is a regular event held at Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences with the goal of connecting students to representatives of companies and institutions from around the region. In quick, 10-minute ‘speed dates’, students meet with recruiters and representatives of regional companies to get a feel for each other without the stresses of a standard job interview. The event is organised by the supporter association Friends of Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences in conjunction with Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences.
The next Speed Dating: Companies Meet Students will be on 13 November 2019, Campus Kleve.
Benefits for companies
- Get to know a diverse crowd of potential applicants* within a very short time.
- Gather a solid first impression of applicants’ qualifications and personalities.
- Have an opportunity to advertise current vacancies for students to see.
- Save a considerable amount of time and resources compared to the traditional application process.
- Promote your company and brand to young demographics.
Registration for companies
If you would like to register, please contact the `Friends of Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences´ (email@example.com).
Benefits for students
- Start building or expanding your professional network.
- Gather valuable interview experience and practice new approaches.
- Enjoy a good chance of connecting with a company interested in giving you an internship, collaborating with you on a project or a thesis, or hiring you after graduation.
- Browse companies’ posted vacancies during the event.
How to register (students)
- At the beginning of the winter semester you will receive an email with the attached registration form and information about the companies scheduled to appear.
- Select max. three companies that fit your qualifications and interests and rank them by preference on your registration form.
- You can hand in your registration form (which you received by email) in person during specific days and times which will be published at the beginning of the winter semester; please bring a picture ID. Very important: you must meet a company’s language requirements to register for a meeting with them!
- The event schedule, which lists all successfully booked timeslots, will be posted on the infoboards of the Career Service after the registration period.
- Prepare yourself for the event! Take advantage of the Career Service programme to improve your application documents and interview strategies. The up-to-date programme can be found on our website: www.hochschule-rhein-waal.de/career-service/
Please note that depending on demand, not all students will be able to meet with their preferred companies. Time slots are booked according to preference and on a first come, first served basis, so register early!
* Potential applicants are students from any four faculties at Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences. When students register, they are required to choose companies they would like to meet with. Timeslots are booked according to these preferences.